Good afternoon to you. I hope you have all had a fabulous weekend so far. The weather here today is much cooler. Well this tag is actually a make from a very long time ago which was soon grabbed by a friend as she loved it so much. I came across the photo of it whilst trying to clear out my tablet so thought I would share it here as I did get many questions about how it was made at the time.
So here's what I used...
Water colour card stock.
Stamp set...Ranger, Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds.
Stamp set...Ranger Dylusions, Around the Edge.
Stamp and Die set...Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations 660189.
Stencil...TCW Gabrielle Pollacco, Mini moving vines.
Distress Inks...Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn.
A selection of Whisper water colour brush markers.
Flowers and ribbon from my stash.
Here's what I did...
I make all my own tags as I like the freedom of having a tag any size I like. I cut a piece of the water colour card to approximately 8x4", and snipped off the top corners to create my tag. I then blended over with the squeezed lemonade and twisted citron making sure I got a good depth of colour. Once happy I blended some spiced marmalade around the edges in patches, concentrating on the top left and bottom right corners. I then placed my stencil and applied the embossing paste. I love this embossing paste as it has a strange kind of texture and puffs nicely when heated with a heat tool.That's exactly what I did, gently heated, making sure I didn't over do it as it can burn easily. The paste nicely absorbed some of the colour from the distress inks but I gave a light blend over with the Twisted Citron to add some more colour. I set the card aside to go on and stamp my images.
I wanted my bird facing the opposite way to the bird on the stamp plate. Here is where my gelli plate comes in. I inked up by bird with versafine ink and carefully stamped him onto the gelli plate. I then picked up the gelli plate and just like a stamp, placed it onto a spare piece of water colour card, voilla...my bird now faces the opposite way. I cut him out and coloured him with the brush markers until I was happy with the look. I stamped the leaves from the Dylusions stamp plate a few times as I was unsure at this point how many I would need and cut them out. I coloured them with distress inks and brush markers. I needed something to ground my bird so took some flowers from my stash that matched perfectly and also stamped one of the elements from the Dylusions stamp plate at the bottom of my piece. I glued on the flowers and then mounted my bird with glue gel. I then added some of the leaves. I chose the wording from the Sizzix set and stamped that onto a spare piece of card and cut it using the matching die. I mounted that onto my piece with glue gel.
Once everything was dry I mounted my piece onto a matching piece of orange card and used a trimmer to cut round, leaving a small border. Using a cropodile I puched a hole in the top of the tag. I coloured a piece of white sparkly ribbon from my stash with the spiced marmalde distress ink. I cut one piece and threaded it through the hole and the other piece I used to make the bow and glued it in place with a hot glue gun.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and thanks for popping by.